- Francis as in Frank Sinatra means “free man”
- Fred/erick as in Fred Astaire means “elf or magical counsel”
- Ingrid = “Ing(god of earth’s fertility)’s beauty”
- Humphrey = “peaceful warrior”
- Eldred = “old, venerable counsel” / Gregory = “vigilant”
- Greta = “pearl” / Lovisa = “famous warrior”
- Katharine = “pure”
- Montgomery = “Gomeric’s hill” (Gomeric was a German personal name meaning “power of man”)
- Norma = “the standard or the norm” / Marilyn = “star of the sea”
- Paul as in Paul Leonard Newman = “small” / Leonard = “lion strength” (further cementing my love for him bc I’m small and my last name means lion)
4 facts about my parents
1. My mom and dad were born on February 22nd, 6 yrs apart.
2. They both love film. My mom is a Clint Eastwood stan, My dad is a Bogart stan.
3. My father is happiest when he finds junk in somebody’s back yard, takes it apart and turns it into a useful, functioning object. We’ve had vintage electronics and furniture for as long as I can remember. He is truly passionate about creating and reinventing and getting things for dirt cheap.
4. My mother is happiest when everything is clean.
7 facts about my childhood
1. My father built most of my toys.
2. My elementary was gender segregated (girls classrooms were to the right of the center court and the boys were to the left)-we’d mingle shyly @ recess and lunch.
3. The first time I laid eyes on my brother, he was sprawled across a white blanket on my mother’s bed, red and wrinkly and so small, and to this day I remember the ~extent of awe and happiness I felt in those first moments. I apparently hovered over him for weeks with big saucer eyes.
4. My first Mother’s Day gift sat in the vase in the living room: fake fabric flowers which I cleverly doused in perfume, wrapped with a piece of tin foil for added presentation.
5. I was obsessed w soggy cereal. I refused to eat it unless it sat in milk for a minute or two.
6. I spent most of my summers watching PG-13 Filipino soap operas. I asked my mother what ‘virgin’ meant at least once a year.
7. The first movie I saw in theaters was Toy Story.
Purple: 10 facts about my room.
Blue: 9 facts about my family.
Green: 8 facts about my body.
Yellow: 7 facts about my childhood.
Orange: 6 facts about my home town.
Red: 5 facts about my bestfriend(s).
Pink: 4 facts about my parents.
White: 3 facts about my personality.
Grey: 2 facts about my favourite things.
Black: 1 fact about the person I like.
Why the hell not? let’s do this
- The Philadelphia Story
- It Happened One Night
- Some Like It Hot
- The Maltese Falcon
Manila/Laguna Phils but I was born and raised in Riyadh.
Thanks bb—sew happy you’re back!
Ik I love him! I wish he kept his huge beautiful hair from AVPM.